Quick Historical Facts About CVS Pharmacy
- CVS Pharmacy was originally called CVS Store and was founded in 1963.
- The first store was in Lowell, Massachusetts.
- CVS is an acronym for “Consumer Value Stores.”
- The first pharmacy departments were introduced in 1967.
- It was the first pharmacy to stop selling cigarettes and other tobacco products in 2014.
- In 2014, CVS Caremark changed its name to CVS Health.
- CVS Health acquired 1600+ pharmacy stores and clinics from Target in 2015.
- 90% of their revenue comes from in-store pharmacy services and prescription drugs.
- The company employs close to 295,000 people in all states.
Locations and Working Hours
- Number of locations: Over 9900+
- States operational: 49 states, including Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia.
- Working hours: Most stores are open from 7:00 to 11 PM. They are numerous 24-hour locations.
Items You Can Purchase at CVS Pharmacy
CVS Pharmacy stays true to its roots and has all the items you would find at a convenience store. While filling your prescriptions, you can shop for beauty products, personal care items, baby diapers, holiday gifts, beverages, candles, cleaning supplies, electronics, cookware & bakeware, tools & gadgets, utensils, car fresheners, extension cords, and more!
What are the Best Deals on Items at CVS Pharmacy?
It might be surprising to learn that milk has been taunted as one of the best things to buy at CVS Pharmacy. The milk prices you find in their catalogs often beat those of Walmart and Rite Aid.
Also, take advantage of the numerous offers on detergents, deodorant, and toothpaste – which is sometimes free during promotions. Seasonal products also come with great offers. You can save on sweets, Mars Chocolate Bags, Skittles, Tic Tacs, and more.
Buy CVS Health Brand products such as their pain medications, paper towels (Big Quilts), and more. CVS beauty products such as makeup or moisturizing lotions are comparatively cheaper than those from other well-known brands.
Why are private-label products cheaper? It’s because the store doesn’t have to spend a ton of cash on marketing. The savings are then transferred to you.
Quick Ways to Start Saving at CVS Pharmacy
1) Sign up for the ExtraCare Card
CVS Pharmacy introduced the ExtraCare Card in 2001 making it the first pharmacy with a loyalty program. When you use their card, you’ll get 2% in rewards. Deals are also sent to the card. You can also view all your account information and track rewards. Some exclusive CVS Pharmacy deals are only availed to cardholders.
2) Subscribe to CVS Pharmacy emails
The emails have exclusive inbox deals that you can’t find on their website or in their sales circular.
3) Carepass Membership
The yearly paid membership comes with a $10 monthly promo reward. The reward is included in your ExtraCare Card.
4) Check out CVS Pharmacy Flyers Ads
A normal flyer comes with 20 pages of deals with amazing offers on healthcare, wellness, and personal care products. You’ll find “RED HOT DEALS,” on items such as Colgate. There are also BOGO deals. You may even get 50%-off on CVS Health Vitamins.
Free delivery is offered for orders above $35 with a choice of 1-hour, same-day deliveries. Rabato is the best place to find their latest flyer. Start browsing the circular here.