Winn-Dixie Store History
- William Milton Davis is regarded as the store’s founder. He began his retail journey in 1925, after buying Rockmoor Grocery. The store’s name was later changed to Table Supply in 1927.
- By 1931, Table Supply had grown to a chain with 33 stores thanks to adding more locations and completing a major acquisition of Lively Stores. Following Davis’s untimely death in 1934, his sons took over the company.
- The name you have come to love resulted from various acquisitions. First, the name “Winn” came after they merged with Winn & Lovett in 1944. In 1956, the company’s name changed to Winn-Dixie, when the chain acquired Dixie Home.
- Winn-Dixie’s not-so-secret nickname is “The Beef People.” It is a name that has stuck since 1956 because of their commitment to offering quality meats. You’ll always find an in-store butcher at their meat counters. They emphasize fresh food and less on the frozen.
- Winn-Dixie is a big supporter of communities. They have partnered with Red Cross on disaster management issues for over 50 years. The company nurtures upcoming talent through programs such as training of in-store butchers. Winn-Dixie is also committed to fighting hunger.
Locations and Working Hours:
- Locations: ~ 500 stores
- Operational states: 5, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- Store hours: Most stores are open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m
- Headquarters: Jacksonville, Florida.
What Do People Buy at Winn-Dixie?
With amazing Winn-Dixie deals, people flock to their stores in search of quality products and low prices. Walk their aisles with your shopping cart, and you can load it with items like cookies, ice cream, nuggets, green beans, beef, chicken, pork, yellow onions, sliced ham, seedless grapes, whole pineapples, and other essentials. Shoppers can get their vaccines, flu-shots, and prescriptions at their in-store pharmacies.
How Can You Save Money at Winn-Dixie
1) Download the Winn-Dixie App
It simplifies the process of finding coupons, clipping them, and tracking rewards. Browsing through departments searching for hidden deals is not necessary.
There is a filter you can use to quickly narrow down your search. The app’s wallet section acts as a store for your discount codes, clipped coupons, mystery bonus rewards, and more.
2) Get the Mystery Bonus
It’s one of the most exciting Winn-Dixie daily deals. When you transact more than $30 at a single checkout, you’ll receive this offer straight to your Winn-Dixie app, and it will be listed on your receipt.
Next time you shop, you can double your reward points by showing the cashier the receipt or redeeming the Mystery offer on the app. Points can be redeemed for cash-discounts, free items, and even gas at Shell fuel stations.
3) Don’t miss out on the “Deal of the week”
Pay attention to the “Savings” section on their website for the “Deal of the week” on Wednesdays. It’s a $1 for 1 item deal and comes with 100 extra reward points.
4) Buy the store’s private-label brands
Winn-Dixie private-label brand products have been revamped to “SE Grocers.” You can save when you buy them instead of national brand items. In addition to saving, you might get better quality. Some SE Grocers products include chocolate sandwiches, orange juice, cornbread, sour cream, etc.
Keep an eye out for the Winn-Dixie Flyer
Winn-Dixie’s current catalog is always accessible right here on Rabato. Find deals on items such as:
- Jumbo shrimps
- Bacon or fresh sausage rolls
- All-natural fresh chicken wings
- Boneless chuck roast
- Cream cheese
Some Winn-Dixie deals you find in the sales circulars include:
- Mix & match — Buy up to 4 items at reduced prices. Common deals are for Coca-cola, Pepsi, and 7-Up drinks.
- Buy one Get one deal
- Cash discounts — Save up to $5 on items such as creme cake, bread pudding, gourmet cookies, cooked ham, SE American cheese, etc
- Holiday deals — Check them out during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and other holidays.
- 2 for X$ deals — Buy two items to qualify.
Customers who browse store brochures are always in the know about new product releases, new brand products, store discount programs, and more. See the Winn-Dixie brochure right here.