Interesting Facts to Know About Kroger
- Kroger got its name from the company’s founder, Barney Kroger, who invested $372 of his life savings in 1883 to start a grocery store.
- The company is over 115 years old.
- Kroger’s first store was in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Barney was only in his 20s when he got into the retail business.
- During the company’s early years, it was called the Great Western Tea Company and only sold tea.
- The founder’s business mantra was “Never sell anything you would not want yourself.”
- Kroger Grocery and Baking was incorporated in 1902.
- In its early years, the company delivered groceries on horse carts and switched to delivering goods with the new Model T Trucks in 1913.
- Kroger is known for its low prices and its dedication towards offering the best quality.
- The “cash and carry” shopping style begun in 1916.
Interesting Facts & Recent News About Kroger
- In November 2019, they launched in-store living farms. It allows them to grow vegetables at their store locations using hydroponic technology.
- Kroger employs nearly half-a-million associates across 50 states.
- They also sell fine jewelry under the Fred Meyer banner.
- The company is committed to reducing food wastage with its Zero Hunger Zero Waste campaign.
Locations and Working Hours
- Number of stores: Kroger operates 3010 stores as of Nov 2019. Cincinnati is the city with the highest Kroger stores at 38.
- States operational: They operate in 35 states and the District of Columbia.
- Subsidiaries: If a Kroger Store is not in your state, perhaps the following subsidiaries are: Fred Meyer, King Scoopers, Food 4 Less, Dillons, Smith’s Food and Drug, Fly’s Marketplace, Food Co. Its subsidiaries broaden Kroger’s reach to about 45 states.
- Store Hours: Some stores are open for 24 hours. Others operate from 6:00 a.m. to Midnight.
What Do People Buy at Kroger?
Kroger sells just about anything. They have a strong line up of brands such as Apple, Fitbit, Under Armour, Vans, Samsung, Sketchers, etc. In terms of groceries, Kroger’s organic store-brand is renowned. You can buy fresh fruits, dairy, eggs, beauty products, beverages, natural & organic products, beer & liquor, and more. They also provide pharmacy and health services.
Which Items are the Best to Buy at Kroger?
Shop for meat. Their prices are consistent, and each store has an in-house meat counter. Produce and vegetables are always fresh at Kroger and well-priced too. When faced with a choice between Kroger Quality Brands and other third-party brands, choose the store’s brand for great savings. You can even join the Wine Subscription Club to have a selection of wines sent to you four times each year.
Other Advantages of Shopping at Kroger
Convenient online shopping: You can shop online and choose between three ways of getting your wares. Pickup is free for orders worth $35+. Kroger can also deliver your groceries in less than one hour. Shipping works for bulky orders with a delivery timeline of 1 to 3 days.
Promotion types: Be on the lookout for “Buy 10 Save $5” deals, gift card fuel points, early black Friday deals, discounts on your first shipping order, promo codes, mega sales and regular store promos scheduled every other month.
Sign up for the Kroger Rewards Debit Card: You’ll be awarded 50% more fuel points for every purchase you make with this card. With a debit card, you can swipe it at checkout and have the funds deducted from your savings or checking account. Cards also have enormous discounts on Kroger Brands. You can also sign up for a Kroger Prepaid Card, Kroger Pay, and Kroger Rewards World Master Card.
Kroger All Weekly Ads for Assured Saving
Rabato cares about helping our web visitors discover the best Kroger deals. We have this week’s Kroger weekly flyer, last week’s, and next week’s flyer is on its way. Start saving at Kroger today.